Sunday, January 29, 2017

Day One

Measurements:

Underbust: 35

Waist: 33"

Hip: 40.5"

Derriere: 43"

Oh how unhappy I am with those measurements! I looked at my uncorseted body in the mirror last night and almost cried. Despite having lost some weight (since October I have lost 1.5 inches at the underbust, 1.5 from my waist, and 2 from my hips!),  I am still at my heaviest. I weighed a couple pounds less when I was pregnant with my son! This is what emotional eating can do. I lost my mother and turned to food and lethargy. I should have gone to see my doctor, but I was in a fog and didn't realize my meds weren't working.

I lost my father in December. It's harder than when I lost my mom because I am now an adult orphan and have to find my place in the world without my parents. My dad was my superhero. I love him so very much. Losing him has been the hardest thing ever. But I am on the right meds now and my depression isn't running rampant. I'm not coping by eating and sitting on the couch. I invested in new Yoga and Pilates equipment and am eating clean. I am remodeling my house and getting out more. I miss my dad every day, but I am grieving in a healthier way.

My corset also helps with depression and anxiety. I have been plagued with anxiety my entire life. I have yet to have an attack while corseted. My corsets are like my armor.

I am currently cinched in at 29.5 inches. It's very tight. Yet not very uncomfortable. When I am standing it just feels like pressure. Sitting can get a little tough after awhile, but still only at about a 3 or 4. I wasn't sure I could get down this far, but I am apparently a bit squishy. Past this should be fun though, since I do have some muscle hiding underneath my winter fat!

I have found a new friend on Ig. He corsets as well, and has some of the neatest custom corsets including Pokemon and Mario. It's nice to have people to talk about corsets with. I could talk corsets all day long, I swear. Ann is also amazing, tolerating my silly questions without making me feel like I'm being a pest. I can only hope to be so knowledgeable someday! I also love that she is the epitome of class. Corsets have become so sexualized over the years. I have been asked why I wear bedroom wear out several times and have had to explain that the corset was not invented for the bedroom. Yes, they are sexy, but considering that they restrict movement somewhat.....well, you know where I'm going.

Dinner tonight was some yummy California veggies and rice. Then some mango slices a couple hours later. The a handful of nuts. I am definitely a grazer, so eating this way doesn't bother me at all. In fact I love that my corset acts somewhat like an external lap band. My biggest issue has been overeating. I was eating just to feel better so I would just hork down a ton of whatever it was that tasted the best. I also have a bad habit of only eating once a day, so this is beneficial to me in so many ways. Earlier in the day I also had a protein shake, and I have to admit that I have yet to give up my decadent morning Latte. That will be the harder to let go. I have a serious love of coffee, but I do have a great coffee recipe that tastes fabulous but has no refined sugar or saturated fats. I do need to make sure that I am getting enough fiber though. I may have to check into a supplement. I kind of fear them since I have issues with anything gritty or with a watered down flavor.

My two hours are up now and I have to say that was easier than expected. Then again I have been wearing my corsets regularly for the past month or so and I usually lace down to about 30 - 31", I have two beauties from Isabella corsetry coming this week so I will have seasoning to do. I am getting very antsy to add a Romantasy corset to my collection though!


No comments:

Post a Comment