Sunday, February 5, 2017

Playing Catch-up

The past few days have been so busy that I have almost literally fallen into bed at night. I have been having issues with my work tool and it was related to a faulty Windows update, which meant spending a lot of time trying to find the right restore point. It also means working like crazy all weekend to try and make up hours. Also moving furniture around since I am getting all of my Dad's furniture. Fun stuff, lemme tell you. Moving things is not my forte. I gave up and hired people to do the actual heavy lifting. I still have to handle my own furniture as well as getting rid of a ton of older stuff in the house since I rented a gigantic dumpster and may as well take the opportunity to de-clutter. I have owned his house for almost 16 years and several friends have stayed here and left things on top of my own mass of stuff. My home is adorable, but it was designed by someone who was very drunk or something since it has no close space, drawers that can't open due to walls in the way, no bathroom storage, no kitchen pantry and very few cabinets. What little storage space I have is crammed full. Looking forward to making some room, finishing the remodel and buying a stand alone pantry!

So all of that is why I haven't updated the past few days, but in all honesty this first week wasn't hard at all. Maybe it's because I am more comfortable in a corset than out of one. I also found out that my back irritation is due to the fact that I am a bit bustier than I thought! I am, in fact, a 36DD. I have been wearing a 36D for years and just thought my bras weren't supportive enough. Turns out I have been wearing the wrong size on top of not enough support. I bought a few bras locally and ordered some from Her Room as well, and the minute I put on that gigantic DD cup bra, my back literally sighed. So much better. I'm only 5'6", and I'm built to be about 130lbs, so a DD cup is a lot of weight for my frame.

Speaking of weight, I have dropped down 4lbs! Seems like a small amount, but I'm trying to lose weight in a healthy manner and don't want to lose too much too fast. I am the same age my Mother was when she had her first heart attack, so I am really trying to make sure to stay as healthy as possible.

I will post measurements tonight, but I did measure my waistline last night (which was my day off so no corset) and I have lost a teeny tiny bit. I was measuring my snug waist at 33", and now its like 32 2/3". It's not much, but it's something. Even that teensy bit has boosted my confidence and given me hope. I have tried so hard to lose weight in the past, and since I am no longer a crazy active 21 year old that dances and goes out all the time, my metabolism has slowed and it's so hard for me to lose weight. I may have my doc check my thyroid just to be sure. In any case, this tiny bit of progress has renewed my hope. THANK YOU ANN (Romantasy) for being there for people like me that want to lose weight and waist train.

Ann has been a real inspiration to me lately. I have known her for about 2 weeks, but I love her positive spirit and willingness to share her knowledge. I am more than halfway through her book "Corset Magic" and it is fabulous! I'll save most of what I have to say for the review, but let me just say that Ann is not only informative, but she's funny too!

I am also working on what will be the review section of the blog. I only own 13 corsets at the moment, but my love for them is strong, so I tend to want to try new brands and styles. I toyed with the idea of sharing my experiences with certain brands and styles but was on the fence. Until Friday. I recently ordered a beautiful French Roccoco corset and a blue satin waist cincher from Timeless Trends. The waist cincher is what helped me decide to review. Right out of the package I noted extensive damage to the fabric, as if something had rubbed against it repeatedly for a good long time. Fully opened, the wear on the fabric was on all sides of the corset. One spot had a good one inch bundle of thread hanging out. The flat steels beside the grommets are warped badly on one side. When I dared to put it on, it became obvious that this cincher was seasoned to someone else's shape. Now I did get the cincher on clearance. However clearance does no mean heavily damaged and warped. Warped steels are not okay for wear. I sent a message but have yet to hear back. The return policy is 45 days, however I would have to pay to ship the cincher back to them, which I am opposed to since had anyone looked at this cincher prior to shipping, it would have been obvious that it was not up to par. I am fairly sad since all I wanted was a nice little cincher for work or just hanging about. I am hoping they make it right, otherwise I will never do busness with them again and will certainly share my experience on my nail polish FB page, which has tens of thousands of followers.

Today I am doing 6 hours at 29.5", which I think I can handle. I will update later tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment