Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Week 3, day 3.

I am so excited to be starting corset reviews! I will be posting reviews for several different corset styles from Mystic City Corsets, Orchard Corsets, Timeless Trends, Isabella Corsetry, Rebel Madness, and more. I know, for someone who just started wearing corsets on a daily basis and started waist training even more recently, I have a lot of corsets. But my love for this timeless garment runs deep. My corset is my armor, protecting me from debilitating anxiety and holding me through my grief at losing my father (I lost my mother in 2014, so I am also coming to terms with the loss of everything that came with my parents - Sunday dinners, shopping, all their grand-kids playing in the backyard, holidays, birthdays...I have always lived less than 2 miles from my parents, so you can imagine how huge it was to lose them.).

I am still having a fairly easy time with waist training. I love it. When I wake up in the morning and see the subtle changes in my body it motivates me to keep on going during the day. I have yet to cheat, and event though it's good to take a day off, I don't really like to. I usually work on seasoning newer corsets on my day off from waist training. That way I am still corseted, but not cinched down tightly.

I am hoping to have the first review posted tomorrow, starting with the MCC 68 from Mystic City Corsets. I will be sharing all the usual information, measurements, materials, construction, but will also be sharing my personal experience with not only wearing these corsets, but my first impressions, my feelings after seasoning is over, and any issues, discrepancies, or minor inconveniences. I feel that, especially for those of us on a budget, all of those are important. Although my experience may be different from others, I don't want to leave anything out. A corset is an investment, and I can't speak for you, dear reader, but I want to know what I am getting for my money. If I buy a $600 corset is it worth the money? How is the construction? Materials? What styles are there? How many bones? Flat steel? How much wear can I get from a $49 corset? Is it good quality even though the price is low? What should I expect if I buy a corset on clearance? Can I return a corset that doesn't fit/is damaged/is not what I ordered? I've asked all of those questions at one time. And even though I am by no means an expert, I am an educated corset enthusiast and the more information that is out there to help people looking into corsets for any reason, the better.

I also plan to start posting about Corset and waist training myths! There are so many!

Please let me know if there is anything that you would like to see here. I'm just starting out here and would love to know what kinds of information YOU want to see here.

Squishy Corset Hugs,
-Vixx

No comments:

Post a Comment